Friday, September 14, 2012

Beautiful Birth Story - "We are made for this. We are Women!"

This is the birth story of one of my very best friends sons.  My friend, I must say, is one of the most amazing women I have met in my life.  Inspiring, positive, and beautiful inside and out. She truly radiates love wherever she goes.  This all sounds like hippie talk, but if you knew her you would agree! :D  She sent me her birth story in hopes it would help me calm my fears and encourage me on my path to D-Day!  For new moms (and experienced mom's alike) it is a breath of fresh air in a world filled with horror, and trauma dealing with birth.  I hope if you are feeling apprehensive about your D-Day that it will help you see the day in a different light, as it did for me.  Enjoy!!! 


"I had an incredibly beautiful birthing experience.
I was in labor for about 6 hours. I had music on in the background of the ocean and nature.  I also had a few incredibly strong, beautiful goddesses in the room with me.  The key to my spiritual and zen like birth was all in my breath. I truly heard what my body was asking of me.  I moved the way my body wanted to move, however strange that position may have been. All the while, maintaining a deep breathing rhythm.  DO NOT STOP BREATHING DEEPLY.  The deep breath brought me to a higher place where I was able to deal with the pain and contractions.  I felt the power of the endorphins and I honestly thought at one point maybe someone had given me something because I was feeling so high from it all. 
It hurt, but I felt like that represented something bigger.  



Motherhood is a sacrifice and it reminds me now what I went through to bring this boy into the world. I bled, I pushed, I cried and I felt every beautiful moment.  We are made for this.  We are women!  Think back to when women may have given birth on beautiful flat rocks, or on moss beds in the forest.  Sometimes all by themselves. [Women who were beautifully strong, allowing the primal instinct of womanhood take over to deliver their child.  The body knows exactly what to do and when to do it.  We just have to get out of its way.]

You listen to what your body is telling you.  Do not let fear stand in your way."





No comments:

Post a Comment